Certificates of analysis
Safety data sheets
How to sell to Avantor®:supplier expectations and policies
Thank you for your interest in doing business with Avantor® Performance Materials. As a global manufacturer of performance materials and chemistries, Avantor relies on a global supply base for sourcing raw materials, manufactured goods and services. In order to ensure a fit between a supplier’s capabilities and our needs, we have developed selection criteria, which includes, among other things, specific expectations with regard to the conduct of current and potential suppliers.
These expectations are set forth in the Avantor Code of Business Conduct for Suppliers, which applies to both our suppliers and suppliers to our suppliers. Avantor is committed to these expectations and requires that suppliers either have comparable policies or adopt the Avantor Code of Business Conduct for Suppliers.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these expectations, which you can read by following this link: Avantor Code of Business Conduct for Suppliers
Also, please read and familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions of Purchase Order (U.S.).
Avantor expects its suppliers to comply with applicable laws, which include applicable laws prohibiting the use of child, involuntary or slave labor. The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act requires retailers and manufacturers that do business in California to publicly disclose their efforts to eliminate slavery and human trafficking from their supply chains. To that end:
(1) Avantor's Code of Conduct and Related Policies for Suppliers (information and links are available on this page) sets forth Avantor's expectations that its suppliers will comply with appropriate human rights and labor standards in their business operations, including laws prohibiting the use of child, involuntary or slave labor;
(2) Avantor's terms and conditions of purchase require its suppliers to comply with applicable laws, including laws concerning wages and employment;
(3) Avantor conducts audits of certain material suppliers, either directly or through a third party, in a pre-arranged or unannounced fashion, which include an assessment of compliance with such laws;
(4) Avantor provides training to its employees, including its employees with direct responsibility for supply chain management, as well as to others doing business with Avantor, on various topics including compliance with laws and its Code of Business Conduct, and holds its employees and others doing business with Avantor accountable for compliance with laws including laws prohibiting the use of child, involuntary or slave labor; and
(5) Avantor reserves the right to terminate or otherwise discipline any employee, or terminate or take legal action against any supplier, who fails to comply with same. While Avantor does conduct periodic audits of certain material suppliers (as noted above), at present, Avantor does not routinely seek certifications of compliance or maintain a formal program to verify its suppliers compliance with the foregoing; but, Avantor does reserve the right to request documentary evidence of such compliance at any time.
At Avantor, people are the key to our success and we expect our suppliers (and their suppliers) to comply with apply appropriate human rights and labor standards in their business operations. These standards include:
A safe and healthy work environment enhances the quality of products and services and leads to a more productive company. Avantor is committed to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations concerning environment, health and safety, and we expect the same commitment from our suppliers, including:
Avantor expects its suppliers to conduct their business ethically and in compliance with the law.
REPORTING: Suppliers must have a program to ensure the confidentiality and protection of suppliers or employees that report improper conduct of employees, customers or suppliers.
Avantor and its suppliers shall comply with all applicable United States laws and policies concerning the sourcing of our raw materials from conflict areas. To that end, Avantor may require periodic supplier certification of such compliance, and may also require that its suppliers implement such other reasonable actions as may be appropriate to ensure compliance with these laws. In particular, Avantor currently requires that its suppliers ensure that there are no conflict minerals sourced from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) or adjoining countries.
Contact our Procurement Team
Avantor® is a global manufacturer and
distributor of high-quality products, services and solutions to professionals
in the life sciences and advanced technology industries. As our channel brand,
VWR offers an integrated, seamless purchasing experience that is optimized for
the way our customers do business. Operating from over 30 countries worldwide,
the company seeks to enable customer success in the biopharmaceutical,
pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, healthcare, educational,
industrial, government, aerospace & defense, and semiconductor industries.